- Requests for endowments or multi-year grants will not be accepted.
- Grant recipients must re-apply each year.
- Organizations may request more than one grant per year, however each program or organization will be limited to a total of $25,000 in grants per year.
Applying organization must be either a:
1. Non-Profit Corporation as evidenced by:
a. 501(c) status with the IRS, or
b. Corporation registered as a non-profit organization with the Department of State of Florida, Division of Corporations
(see www.sunbiz.org); or
2. Local Municipal Department, including parks & recreation, child services and similar departments; or
3. Florida School, grades K through 12
501(c) Status - Although junior programs are not required to have obtained 501(c) status from the IRS to be eligible for FJGC grants, such formal, non-profit status is highly recommended. Having 501(c) status increases an organization's ability to secure grants from other sources and will allow individuals to make tax-deductible contributions to your program.
Please do not apply for more than $20,000, or your request will not be reviewed.
- The average grant size will generally be in the $2,000-$25,000 range.
- Do not request more than $25,000.
- Do not exaggerate your funding requirements.
- Grant applications that contain inflated requests will be rejected.
- For new organizations and ones that are new to us, we prefer to start at a more modest level of funding and work toward building a long-term relationship.