Deadlines and Notifications
- Completed grant applications and related documents are to be e-mailed (not mailed) to the FJGC administrator at email@example.com.
- All applications must be typed into the Word and Excel forms provided for the application.
- Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Other requested documents, exhibits and pictures should be submitted via email as pdf, jpeg, Word or Excel files.
Deadlines and Notifications
- You may apply for a grant well in advance of the deadline. Do not wait for the last minute to apply! You may apply up to 6 months prior to your program start date.
- All Applicants must meet the deadline schedule listed below.
- Grants will NOT be awarded to programs that begin prior to the determination date.
|When Should You Apply?|
Program Start Date
|March 1||December 31||February 28|
|May 1||February 28||April 30|
|July 1||April 30||June 30|
|September 1||June 30||August 31|
|November 1||August 31||October 31|
|January 1||October 31||December 31|
- The grant funds will typically be paid in two equal installments, 1/2 at the time the grant is awarded and the other 1/2 at the end of the program.
- The Grant Committee may establish alternative payment schedules for programs at the Committee's discretion.
- Approximately half-way through the program period, the grant recipient will be required to submit a brief, informal report (1-2 page written update) summarizing the activity and progress of the program.
- Pictures should also be submitted at this time.
- The goal is to help the Committee recognize the good progress being accomplished with the granted funds.
- Click here for the Mid-Program Report.
- At the conclusion of the program, a final report including a financial statement and complete documentation of money spent must be submitted. Click here for the Final Report.
- Final payment of the remaining grant balance is contingent upon the receipt of the final report.
- Arrange the final report so that it is in chronological order.
- The final report requires extensive documentation of the grant money you spend.
- In addition to the final budget and financial statements, you will need to provide copies of cancelled checks and invoices that total up to the amount of the grant you have been awarded in order to receive the final funding.
- Under State statute, we are not able to reimburse your program for any expenses for which you do not provide documentation.
- It is critical that at the beginning of your program you establish a systematic, organized method of maintaining your records and supporting documents.
- Please - stay organized - and recognize that good accounting is part of the requirements of this grant. We want to assist in every way possible, but are not able to serve as your accountants.